Regular readers know that we’ve been anxiously awaiting the decoupling of commodities and currencies from stocks. These asset classes are historically uncorrelated. That changed late last year when the financial world ended, and everything went down the crapper at about the same speed.
- Gold…up $13.80 to close at $951
- Silver…up $0.16 to close at $14.44
- Coffee…up 2.50 to close at 135.80
- Sugar…up 0.24 to close at 15.62 (this is why you never take profits, like I recently did, to wait for a pullback…it may never pullback, and you lose your position)
- Soybeans…up 6 to close at 1175