You can be forgiven for not looking to the big-name tech stocks for high dividends. Just look at this rogue’s gallery of pathetic payouts!
- Facebook (FB): Dividend yield: 0%
- Amazon.com (AMZN): Dividend yield: 0%
- Apple (AAPL): Dividend yield: 0.9%
- Netflix (NFLX): Dividend yield: 0%
- Google, a.k.a. Alphabet (GOOGL): Dividend yield: 0%
Those are the so-called FAANG stocks—the darlings of the tech world. But they’re no place for retirees, or anyone else on the hunt for dividends. (Though there is one often-ignored way to get an 8.5% dividend from them; more on that in a second.)
Luckily for the folks who hold these stocks, which make up about 17% of the S&P 500, they’ve made up for their pathetic—or nonexistent—dividends in outsized price gains as the market has bounced back.… Read more