Collection and Use of Information
Information We Collect
We (or our service providers or business partners) collect personal and other information as our users use the Site. Specifically, we collect information that you voluntarily provide to us online via your use of our Contact Us form or through email, our newsletter signup page, and user comments.
With regard to our Contact Us form, our newsletter signup page, and user comments, we collect your name and email address. In the event that you choose not to provide certain information it may limit the response we are able to give you or the products or services we are able to provide. In some cases, certain information may be required, and this will be designated in some manner on the form that is being submitted.
Our web servers, and those of our partners automatically capture and can recognize visitors’ IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet) to track our users within the Site and evaluate the effectiveness of pages, messages, and marketing. No personal information about you is revealed to us in this process.
How We Use Information
With respect to information collected via our Contact Us or our newsletter sign-up form, or through an email sent to us by you, we will use the information that you provide to respond to your request and where applicable deliver Contrary Investing services to you. We will also use the information that you provide to verify your identity and information in the event you reach out to us, maintain and troubleshoot technical systems, for marketing or analytics purposes, to process requests or for other similar business purposes and services.
How Your Information Is Shared
Contact Us and Email
Information provided you voluntarily provide to us via our “Contact Us” form or through an e-mail you send to us is not shared with any third parties.
We do not use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the uses described in this policy without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Finally, we do not sell the personally identifiable information provided to us.
How We Store Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Information in our possession is maintained according to generally accepted industry standards. The information you provide when you sign up for our newsletter is not stored by us at all. It is processed and maintained by a third-party mail entity, Mailchimp, which uses enhanced passwords for added account security and other industry standard data protection protocol. For more information regarding the privacy and security policy of Mailchimp click here.
With respect to information that we do store (your email address and name), We only store the information you provide to us for as long as necessary to provide the services you requested and for other legitimate business purposes.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com
We use session ID cookies which expire when you close your browser. These cookies make it easier for you to navigate our site. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your functionality will be limited.
Links to Other Sites
The Site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Contrary Investing. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware of when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit and how it collects and uses your personally identifiable information.
Contrary Investing – Under 13 Privacy Statement Information Collection & Use
Contrary Investing does not specifically target the Site to children under 13 years of age. Nonetheless, all of the Site content is intended to be generally appropriate for children with the proper parental guidance and as such we encourage parents to explore this website together with their children and to discuss the information obtained.
In the event Contrary Investing goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information via email at the address you have provided during registration.
How to Access or Modify Your Information
As to any information collected from individuals, we provide the opportunity for you to determine, update, and remove the data that we have collected. In order to determine whether we have any information connected to you, or to update your information, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address.
Revisions to This Policy
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you either here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page, at our option.
European Union Residents – GDPR :
The following additional provisions apply to Personally Identifiable Information collected by Contrary Investing from European Union residents located therein at the time the data is collected (“PII” or “data”). For EU data subjects, in the event of any conflict between these provisions and those set forth above, these provisions shall control. The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) governs the processing and protection of your PII and affords you the following rights you can enforce by contacting Contrary Investing through email@example.com:
- You may access, update, or delete your PII via your Control Panel or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thereafter, our retention of such information will depend upon the data necessary for any services purchased or otherwise required for our legitimate business purpose, legal or contractual record keeping requirements. You may request that we cease the use of your PII for marketing purposes also by contacting us at email@example.com. Notwithstanding the forgoing, exceptions may apply for data maintained:
- Pursuant to any legal or contractual obligation;
- In relation to resolving, defending or enforcing our rights;
- For accurate business and financial reporting.
- You may transfer your PII to another entity by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. .
- You may request that we cease processing your PII for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Any questions concerning our GDPR policies may be directed to:
1710 R Street, Unit 404
Sacramento, California 95811
California Consumers – CCPA :
Your Rights Regarding Your Information
Additionally, you have the right to request that we delete personal information that we may have collected from you. To request that your information be deleted, you can make that request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Because, for your security, we require you to prove your identity before granting access to your information, we will ask you to verify certain personal information with us. The information we collect from you in connection with this verification of your identity will be used solely for the purposes of verification. Note that we will still retain information, pursuant to California Civil Code section 1798.105(d), if retention of the information is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the California Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, but only if you have provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your disclosure and deletion rights under the CCPA. If you wish to do this, you must provide the agent with written permission to exercise your rights, and you must verify your own identity with us. If you wish to designate an agent in this way, please email us at email@example.com.
You have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA, and we never discriminate in any way against consumers who choose to exercise any of these rights.
Contrary Investing, LLC
1710 R Street, Unit 404
Sacramento, California 95811
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 1.0 – 20200401