Legendary investor Donald Coxe is one I follow closely. I would highly recommend his latest conference call where he discusses the global economic environment, and comments on potential ramifications of the government’s Freddie/Fannie interventions.
He also has a fantastic Canadian accent that really adds to the fun.
My notes from the call:
- Financial system is still under stress and undercapitalized
- Remains cautious about overall equity exposure
- Believes the gov’t interventions are highly inflationary
- Cautions against confusing deflation with falling asset prices (believes Japan’s deflationary recession was an exception to the norm)
- Bullish on commodities…provided we do not have a deep global recession
Also check out this summary of Donald Coxe’s thoughts.