Because governments around the world are printing money, of course!
Here’s the latest CNBC interview with Jim Rogers , along with my notes:
- 2012 could be alright thanks to 40 elections worldwide (and hence, increased money printing) – but 2013 and 2014 are the real dangers
- Still long real assets – such as commodities – and currencies
- Believes there is no longer deflation in Japan (it’s a product of government reporting numbers)
- Owns some Japanese equities (via the index)
- Slipped in a nice qualifying quip towards the end that “Someday none of us are going to own paper money anymore – but that’ll be later in the decade”