Jim Rogers joined the original money honey Maria Bartiromo today on CNBC’s closing bell for a solid ten-minute interview (link and embed below).
- He views the current decline as a normal correction (said it could go all the way to $1200 and still be within the confines of a normal correction).
- Has recently hedged his positions in gold and silver. Still owns other commodities, including agriculture.
- Owns US dollar due to its status as a perceived safe haven (he says it is not actually a safe haven).
- Believe JP Morgan and friends are liquidating positions like crazy at the moment.
- Thinks finance is “finished” after a great 30 years – says stock market volume is not going to come back (and recommended that Maria become a farmer, or at least learn how to drive a tractor).
- Says he owns no American equities, and is short equities around the world (believes 2013 and 2014 are going to be real messes).
- Admitted he was short calls on a “large American bank” when this JP Morgan news came out (ha!)